currently testing tax calculations
I have come to realise why a lot of department stores only ever give you a tax summary, rather than itemised tax
Apparently even Sage Line 50 has troubles calculating tax correctly (though I can't clarify that, it is just something I have been told)
PLUS even PHP seems to be against you. 20% of 12.505 should be 2.501
but PHP says it is 2.502...
$myWorld = $yourWorld == $hateTax
Oh my, just when you thought it couldnt get worse
- // NOTE: Ideally, this would be dependent on the locale but as of
- // now the Silverstripe Currency field type has 2 hardcoded all over
- // the place. In the mean time there is an issue where the displayed
- // unit price can not exactly equal the multiplied price on an order
- // (i.e. if the calculated price is 3.145 it will display as 3.15.
- // so if I put 10 of them in my cart I will expect the price to be
- // 31.50 not 31.45).